Saturday, September 22, 2012

Art Journal - Fall collage

I am excited for Fall! I love this season...the warm colors, smells, and early nights.  So, I was very excited when my friend Kari asked me to do a fall color painting for her! 

  Her only request was that it be in fall colors... Yippeee!   

I bought this really cute embroidered skirt at a thrift shoppe a while back.  Recently it was torn...my son said that a rat chewed on it in the garage - I'm choosing to think that it got tangled in the dryer and tore...I didn't want to throw it away and thought it would look cool in a painting:



I decided to test this out in my art journal first...I started by clipping my page back with a black clip, then duct taping the bookfold so the pages wouldn't get too wet and pull out...



then, I used my Quick Dry  Tacky Glue to put the fabric down and used a sponge brush to spread the glue out.



Put gesso down over the fabric to seal it in and so the paint wouldn't soak through & blow dried for quicker time...















skirt fabric with gesso

I chose to put book text that has to do with grace in families into the page and hand cut leaves my note says "I pray for grace and kind words in our family".  This is a minute - by - minute prayer of ours for our marriage and our children.  So many times, we can get tired and short tempered and need the strength of our Lord to help us love one another.  It's only through his almighty strength.  

I love the colors and texture of this page.







Paints that were used:
Americana Marigold
Americana Honey Brown
Amsterdam Carmine
Amsterdam Titanium Buff Deep










I really had fun and loved the outcome of this.  I love the texture and deep colors...I'm definitely using this in my painting:)  Thanks for checking it out, I hope to hear from ya!

No comments: