Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shine

UPDATE :) !

Children abandoned in Vizag, India


I love when I get the opportunity to bless someone with my art...but over 100 children? 

I am so honored and excited  to share with you that "Shine"  was purchased at a Charity Auction in an effort to raise funds for a group that is going to serve in an orphanage of over 100 children through Children of Faith Missions in Vizag, India.  This Christian organization is working to supply these children with opportunities to develop life-skills they need to become productive and independent adults.


"Shine" 16 x 20  Acrylic on stretched canvas  2012 

"We love your painting! Great addition to our home art collection."   
 - Cindy and Mark, Walnut Creek,  Ca


Thank you to my friend, Mary for allowing me to serve God through my art and also a thank you to Cindy and Mark for purchasing the painting.

____________________________________________________________


I'm not finished, but I wanted to show ya'll what I'm working on:)

"Shine" is one of two paintings that I'm currently working on.  I started it early in September when I was thinking on how blessed we are to have the Holy Spirit,  God's light and counselor, shining through us!  

There are nights where I can't sleep because I'm so excited for what God is doing in my life.  

As a result of His love, I want to shine, I want to create and encourage those around me. 

David Crowder says it so sweetly  in his song "SMS [Shine]".   I have no idea what the title means... cryptic.   So, I found this article from the website sbc Impact to be really helpful and totally applies to what this painting is about (so cool when God does that!)...
SMS [Shine] bears a strange title. Shine is easy enough to decipher since it is drawn from the chorus. SMS is a little more mysterious. SMS stands for Short Messaging Service and is more commonly known as text messaging. This makes sense because the song does consist of short statements and plays out as a prayer to God from someone who is seeking Him. Yet a more complete understanding of the title is that it is taken from the first few words of the song: Send Me a Sign.
The first verse and chorus echoes many of the personal psalms of David pleading with God for support. Just as Psalm 86:17 begins, “Show me a sign of your favor…,” this song begins asking God for a sign, no matter how subtle, of God’s presence.

Hope that helps you understand the song better...did for me :) 

Take a moment to watch the music video below for the song SMS [Shine].  (totally reminds me of being a kid - you'll see why).




Starting out the canvas with Quinacridone Magenta & Ptalocyanine blue

I drew (doodled) over the dried paint with vine charcoal.  I originally drew images that came to me. Then sealed in the charcoal with  MINWAX Water-Based Polycrylic spray  before adding more layers.

"Shine" 11 x 14 Acrylic, Charcoal on Canvas


On the left is the sun over the world.  The dove on the right is flying over darkness with drops of light coming out.  In the middle of the painting is a waterfall of God's love.  I will post again when I've finished.

Please let me know your thoughts! 

Thanks for looking! 

No comments: